Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wyatt's Birthday Card is Famous!

Wyatt loves the preschool channel Sprout and every day they celebrate those having a birthday. So, I knew I wanted to see if they would celebrate Wyatt's especially since his birthday is the day after Christmas. I want to always make it special and to see yourself on tv has to make the year unique, right? We went online to see what we needed to do. They only accept "HANDMADE" birthday cards. As a graphic designer, I thought no problem I can make a really nice card and print it out. Then, after seeing the instructions I thought that is not handmade so I needed to go "old-school." I got out my glue, construction paper, markers, and stickers etc. and got to work. It took me way too long to make, but I was so invested I had to do it and see if it makes it on the air. I had to mail it 2 weeks in advance! I procrastinate so if you know me it was a piece of "love" the night before or should I say early morning of the mailing.


I actually woke up first on Wyatt's birthday and headed straight for the tv as the show starts at 8 am. The boys quickly followed. At 9:30 am we captured the 2nd round of the birthdays and as the video above shows...we were excited to see Wyatt's card was first! PRAISE! I could have cried at the sight of it. Actually, at first I had kind of forgotten what it looked like to be honest. I am still in awe that his card made it. I love how you can hear Wyatt over my exclamations commenting on the card. He really does appreciate it all which makes it so worth while to me!


I can't believe he is 3! Time flies!







Wyatt's birthday card makes it on tv!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Wow! First of all so cool for Wyatt. Second - that card is awesome - way to go Mommy:)