Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

First Day of Preschool - Thursday, September 8, 2011


Even though I knew exactly when the first day of preschool would be...months to prepare...I found myself running around the night before like it was sprung on me at the last minute. I was definitely more nervous than Wyatt that he was going to Preschool. Making me think, "Who's first day of school is it?" Funny because he went into the classroom like he has done it everyday. I had hoped that our few visits to see his room and peek through the window would pay off and it did. Wyatt did fabulous...a few children had some separation anxiety, but it didn't phase him one bit as he found the table with the tools on it. Wyatt was so interested in all the toys that our presence was not need at all. Which is exactly what the teacher told us when she said, 'whenever you can make your exit...please do so.' A.K.A. Wyatt is doing great so you are free to go. I knew she was right because it has always been my practice to get him in and make my exit and his has always done great because he knows I will be "right back." Wyatt kissed us quickly and we found ourselves walking out of the room in slight bewilderment. Don't get me wrong I was ELATED that he took to school so well...answered prayers. Today was day two and we were early and had to wait to get into his room. He kept telling me, "I want to go in Mommy." Music to my ears. He ran in and began to play not even needing to say goodbye. Tonight as Ken was getting Wyatt ready for bed Wyatt told us he wanted to go back to school tomorrow. Now it just doesn't get better than that.

Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments: